Monday 23 November 2009

HOT CHOCOLATE - CAIRD HALL - 1982

Another gig review, this time from the pages of Voice fanzine and featuring Hot Chocolate who were playing at the Caird Hall on 11th Sept 1982.
I never went to this particular show but I did see them live way back in 1976 over at the Apollo in Glasgow, and they were great. Throughout the 70's & 80's they just kept pumping out the hits in their own funky soul pop way without jumping on any passing music fad, and judging by this write up, they appear to have went down very well in Dundee.
The support act on the night was Zen, a band I know nothing about.
Click the image to read the large version if required.

3 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure this is the now famous Author who contributed to the voice and also "views from urban dwellings" a magazine of prose that AAGA produced, well I really hope it is as we will have been one of the first to publish her!!
    mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Mike. You should have signed her up or became her agent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to this concert! Still one of the best concerts I've been to..

    ReplyDelete