Thursday 14 August 2008

CHURCH PUB #2 - ANGELS

Angels was Dundee's 2nd city centre church pub. It opened in the mid 80's and was located on the corner of Ward Road & Rattray Street. I remember it had a water feature above the bar and its constant trickling sound seemed to make you want to visit the loo more than usual!
You can see in the photo it had a rather grand entrance area.
There was also another part of it on the Rattray Street side (you can just make out the doorway) - a bar called, Heavens Above, which ironically, was downstairs in the basement!

2 comments:

  1. I used to go to Angels in my Goth days in the late 80s, drinking snakebite and listening to Bauhaus, The Damned, Siouxsie & The Banshees,etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuart Robertson10 April 2024 at 03:17

    I used to go there with my parents and grand parents and sat in the row front right.

    ReplyDelete