Monday 19 January 2009

LOWLAND FOLK FOUR with BRIAN COX - 1966

This is taken from the Radio Times, dated 17th August 1966. A 40 minute documentary on BBC1 featuring an unusual Dundee double act... music performed by local band Lowland Folk Four and narration supplied by a budding young actor called Brian Cox.
I was only 8 years old when this was broadcast. Unfortunately I have no memory of the programme, but from what I gather the content consisted of a tour around Dundee, old and new, set to music. If anyone remembers anything about it feel free to drop the details into the comments. Or, if someone out there has an actual copy of it, do let me know.
Click on the image to enlarge it to read.

1 comment:

  1. The chap at the back on the whistle is one Ramsay Brown who was my regie teacher at the Harris. The Lowland Folk were still active as far as I know until the mid eighties. Ramsay was still teaching at the Harris (he still may be there) until very recently as he was also my daughters regie teacher.

    ReplyDelete