Friday, 26 November 2010

POOR SOULS RARITIES - MID 60'S

I found this picture of Dundee band, The Poor Souls, in a magazine called Pop Weekly, dated July 1965.
It was part of a collage of photos in the centre spread alongside images of Billy Fury, The Midnights, Bobby Vinton and Elvis Presley. It was a kind of "who's in - who's out" feature, in keeping with the poptastic musical trends of the 60's, with The Poor Souls categorised as "up & coming". At the time of the photo the band were promoting their debut single released on Decca, which I have already featured on Retro.
So I thought I'd take this opportunity to play another track of theirs, this time from 1966 and on Dundee's own label - ALP Records.
So here's Thi Pare Sowls with the B-side of the single, a track called "Please Don't Change Your Mind".


video

4 comments:

  1. Great wee tune

    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought to google old Dundee but cant locate the a side of the Poorsouls record. I'd love to hear this again-can you post it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chic says...Hello...
    That's me playin the guitar, piano and back-up vocals...Great times with Dougie and the boys.

    p.s. that's me 2nd from the left!

    ReplyDelete