Saturday 6 February 2010

AT THE MOVIES IN 1981

From the pages of Cranked Up comes this round-up of 1981's best movies, written by their critic, Fabian Bell.
I remember going to quite a few of the ones mentioned, but for some reason I never went to see the winner, Raging Bull.
One of the films I noticed in the write-up but not in the top 10 was "Clash Of The Titans". I just thought I'd remind you that this featured the brilliant stop-motion animation of Ray Harryhausen. This actually turned out to be his final piece of work, and although this type of film was a bit played out by the 80's, RH's contribution in the Titans was still pretty amazing.
Click image to enlarge.

3 comments:

  1. I went to see Raging Bull at the Odeon (formely Gaumont). I think there must have been about 3 people in the audience.

    It closed shortly afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh cringe I just read that again for the first time in nearly thirty years. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its not that bad !
    and you were right with "Raging Bull"
    ...you do use lots of big words thought , but that's the teacher in you !

    ReplyDelete